Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Stateside...

Hey Everybody,

So this will be my awesome blog that should keep all of you on the edges of your seats! I mean RICK is going to INDIA! How crazy is that? I am going to try and update this is as often as possible (with pictures!) but, as internet will probably be pretty unreliable, we all may have to just make do. I'm thinking around once a week for updates though...

Some basic details- I'm leaving June 21st and coming back August 18th. I'll be working with a group of untouchables called the Kanjars. I will be located in Jhalrapatan which is in the Jhalawar district of the state of Rajasthan in India. (Lengthy, I know). As far as I know I will be assisting with other volunteers with teaching basic English and math or be working with "community development" projects which include a myriad of things. I'll find out more when I get there... In the mean time, I'm busy preparing and getting the right mind-set. <- Preparing to witness vast amounts of poverty, change my perspective on the world/life, rely more on myself than ever before, and, hopefully, be satisfied with myself for giving back. (Big hopes for this trip, eh?) Either way, I know this trip will change my life, and I am thrilled to see the ways it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment